Blogger Widgets Ender-Chan's Thoughts: Ask a 2e (#Actually2e)

Saturday, August 1, 2015

Ask a 2e (#Actually2e)

Image Description: A 2 constructed from interlocking blocks with a capital blue E in a sketch font next to it on a white background
I want to start a hashtag trend similar to #actuallyautistic. I want to show that being 2e is not the end of the world or a fault. "Exceptional" means "unusual, not typical" and "unusually good, outstanding." Twice-exceptional self advocates, this is your chance to shine! Shed light on the topic. Describe your experiences. Vent about ignorant teachers. Share tips, tricks, and lifehacks. Spread awareness of twice-exceptionality all over Google+, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Reddit, Digg, Instagram, Hulu, Vimeo, DailyMotion, Pinterest, LinkedIn, and all other forms of social media. There's also an Ask a 2e blog part. This is when you let people ask your questions about being 2e and answer them in a subsequent post. Be sure to link back in the next post!

How to Join the Movement
Make a post tagged #Actually2e and post about your 2e experiences! I know you're lurking out there, so stop lurking and get in the light where people can see you! *friendly shove*

What if I'm Not 2e?
Don't worry! You can still join the movement by liking, commenting, sharing, re-tweeting, and otherwise making sure people see the #Actually2e movement. 

Got any questions about the 2e experience? Comment below and I'll answer them!

But, as with anything, there's caveats and stipulations.
  • I will not mention my family members by name, if at all.
  • Questions fall under my comment policy.
  • All profanity will be deleted. 
  • If you are an anonymous commenter, I will credit you as "Anonymous" during question credits unless you state otherwise.
  • My answers are from my perspective as a self advocate. I apologize in advance for any biased answers.
  • I am not responsible for injuries or losses resulting from my advice.
So go ahead, ask away! There's more harm in withholding curiosity than there is in expressing it.

Image Credit: Mermaids and Mermen

2 comments:

  1. What is it like to be a 2e in school? Does it make learning easier or more difficult?

    ReplyDelete

Comment! I won't know what you have to say unless you say it.