Blogger Widgets Ender-Chan's Thoughts: The Final MBTI Verdict

Sunday, November 22, 2015

The Final MBTI Verdict

So, am I an INTJ or an ENTJ? The correct answer is: Neither. After waffling between ENTJ and INTJ for the longest time, I settled on ENTJ for some time. It seemed to suit me because I like to lead. However, after some self-speculation, I found out that I couldn't quite be a those types because I don't like to be restrained to a plan with no way out. I am also more interested in understanding people than making them do my will (which is a close second).

Before I give you the answer, I'll have you play a game to guess my type (read: give you a series of frustrating hints). Scroll past the game if you are an impatient person (like me) and just want to know my MBTI.
  • It is an NT type.
  • This type likes to debate and tear other people's ideas apart for fun.
  • It is known for mentally sparring purely for the sake of pleasure.
  • Other types are likely to think of this type as mean-spirited due to their aforementioned pastime.
  • This type can come up with great ideas, but will be miserable doing the "grunt work" in order to carry into fruition.
  • This type is vehemently protective of INFJs (not that they need it) due to sheer instinct.
  • In four temperament theory, this type corresponds with LaHaye's ChlorSan or SanChlor depending on what you think of this type.
  • This type is a thrill seeker and experience junkie. Someone of this type would do something just so they could tell stories about it.
  • This type works in bursts of energy rather than having a steady, systematic approach to working.
  • This type has little to no boundaries for work and play. They work as play, play as work, make work fun by adding play, and make play productive by adding work. 
  • As a rule, people of this type are very adaptable.
  • Anyone who knows someone of this type (or is this type) knows what I'm talking about.
I took the 16 Personalities test again and got this result:

ENTP-A (Debater): 21% Extroverted 54% Intuitive 30% Thinking 18% Prospecting 9% Assertive
16 Personalities describes ENTPs, called Debaters, as "smart, curious thinkers who cannot resist an intellectual challenge." That sounds like me. The reason that I started a blog is to pick ideas apart, put them back together, and combine them with new ideas. NTs, such as myself, pursue knowledge relentlessly, especially in our areas of interest. 

The "P" in "ENTP" stands for prospecting. Prospecting types are, as a rule, spontaneous and adaptable to whatever change comes their way. My sporadic blogging "schedule" as well as my abrupt switching from one thing to the next is reflective of the "P" I tried to repress for so long. Though I do not always seem like it, I am an adaptable person. I can adapt myself to fit almost any situation as I see fit. I respond to my environment and the people around me. Five different people who see me in their five respective environments will have five different general ideas as to how they perceive me. This is not that I am a phony or acting a part. It is within my nature to adapt in such a way.

Whenever I see a general value, my first instinct is to find the exception to the rule or to attempt to tear a shoddily-built idea into shreds. No matter whose it is, be it Dr. David Keirsey's or my own, I will test the strength of my ideas. I wondered why I didn't do well working slowly and steadily. I work in spontaneous bursts of energy and keep going for as long as that burst of energy will sustain itself. However, I cannot be productive once the burst is gone. 

I was told to determine my MBTI by use of Jungian cognitive functions, which are as follows:
  • Extroverted Sensing (Se)
  • Introverted Sensing (Si)
  • Extroverted Intuition (Ne)
  • Introverted Intuition (Ni)
  • Extroverted Thinking (Te)
  • Introverted Thinking (Ti)
  • Extroverted Feeling (Fe)
  • Introverted Thinking (Fi)
My cognitive functions are as follows:

If the image does not load on your device or if you are using a text reader to gather information from my blog, the percentages are as follows:
  • Extroverted Intuition : 84%
  • Introverted Intuition: 79%
  • Extroverted Sensation: 57%
  • Introverted Sensation: 24%
  • Extroverted Thinking: 72%
  • Introverted Thinking: 75%
  • Extroverted Feeling: 32%
  • Introverted Feeling: 56%
I have been testing as types with completely different cognitive functions. In the ENTJ, extroverted thinking is the dominant function; introverted intuition predominates in INTJs. The way I could connect hidden meanings and other contexts did not fit dominant Te or Ni users. Extroverted thinkers lay out facts as correlations on charts, which is some of what I do, but introverted thinking fits me more, though it is not my dominant cognitive function. Introverted intuitors use transcendent understanding to predict the future as it unfurls. Ni users use complex, symbolic ways to explain universal themes of life. While I use a fairly great deal of Ni considering that it is a shadow function, weaving "idea threads" together into a fabric of understanding is characteristic of Ne users. 

My Disability and the Five Temperaments series came into fruition by sole virtue of Ne and Ti. As I penned the series, my main thought was "How could most people have failed to notice these connections?" I had two different ideas in front of me, completely independent concepts that seemed to have no relationship to each other, and I uncovered the connections because (1) no one else would and (2) because they were right in front of our faces all along, but we failed to notice them. 

ENTPs are limit pushers by nature. The phrase "It can't be done" is a challenge that invites ENTPs to prove that it can be done. I thought I wouldn't be able to run a blog, let alone have it reach 10,000 pageviews! However, because ENTPs are known for stubborn, I kept doing it. Though ENTPs are usually the subjects of glurge-y "inspiration" due to the feats they achieve, I have yet to see another ENTP disability blogger. In the meantime, I'll keep being the ENTP voice in this predominantly INFX community--and ENTProud of the part I play. 

Useful Links:
Thanks To
  • 16 Personalities for their awesome website
  • All researchers behind discovering what MBTI is
  • Personality Cafe and their wise members, who helped me to realize I was an ENTP in the first place

2 comments:

  1. You asked me to visit and here I am. How did you find my blog?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found you via Shona Neff because I was curious. There's no stopping a curious ChlorSan from poking around on random people's blogs. ;)

      Delete

Comment! I won't know what you have to say unless you say it.