Blogger Widgets Ender-Chan's Thoughts: My Geisha Costume

Monday, November 2, 2015

My Geisha Costume

Just So You Know
 
Geisha is a job, not a stereotype. Geisha are Japanese hostesses trained in dance, entertaining, tea ceremony, and traditional instruments. Training can start as young as middle school age and debuting occurs at age 15 or 18 depending on location.

This costume is not totally accurate. For one, I am missing an obi. I used the sash that came with the robe, which I could not tie correctly. I also used Halloween store face paint instead of authentic geisha makeup and I am missing several minute details.

Me in a red robe with cherry blossom detailing and scenes of geisha casually talking with my hair in a bun, white face paint, and red lipstain. I am coyly posed as if I were a real geisha.

4 comments:

Comment! I won't know what you have to say unless you say it.